The Sacrament of Baptism
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.
Baptism for Infants
If you would like to have your child baptized, please contact Julianna Castro at 425-391-1178, ext. 124 or [email protected]
The baptism preparation process has four steps:
- Schedule an introductory meeting with Julianna Castro. Meetings are held at the Parish Office and last about 20-30 minutes. Your child's baptism will be scheduled at the end of the meeting.
Directions to Parish Office: If you are looking at the church building from the main parking lot, enter through the bell tower doors on the right. After descending a short flight of stairs the doors to the parish office will be on your right.
- Attend the Baptism Class, usually held on Sundays. Please see below for the location and schedule of the baptism classes.
- Turn in necessary documents:
- Baptism Information Form
- A photocopy of the birth certificate of your child
- If a godparent is from outside of the parish, we need a letter of good standing from the godparent's home parish.
Click here for a Godparent form. Other parishes might have a different form or might simply write a letter.
Please note: we will not be able to perform the baptism until the birth certificate is received and at least one godparent has met all of the requirements (see above).
- Schedule date of baptism
Baptisms are celebrated one weekend each month at all Masses, except during Lent and as otherwise indicated.
Upcoming Baptism Classes
- Sunday, April 19, 2020, 1-3 p.m., office conference room.
We ask that, if at all possible, you do not bring children to the Baptism Classes. Child care is offered in the parish nursery during each class.
The Baptism Class covers a lot of material in a relatively short time. We ask that you arrive punctually so that we can get through all of the material in a timely fashion.
Upcoming Baptism Dates
- January 12 at the 5:00 p.m. Mass (Baptism of the Lord)Sunday, October 20, 11:30 a.m. Mass
- February 8-9 at the 5:00 Vigil and 9:00 a.m. Masses
- April 26 at the 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Masses
- May 10 at the 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and/or 5:00 p.m. Masses (Mother's Day)
- June 20/21 at the 5:00 Vigil and 9:00 or 11:30 Masses (Father's Day)
Please contact Julianna Castro or Amy Wells if you have any questions.
Requirements for Godparents
In order to be a godparent, a person must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Has received all of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation) in the Roman Catholic Church.
2. Is 16 years of age, or older
3. If married, was married in the Catholic Church, or has had his/her marriage convalidated by the Catholic Church.
4. Is a practicing Catholic and an active member of a Catholic parish.
Godparents will be asked to complete a baptism preparation class before being godparents to your child. If they have taken a class in the past, they can provide proof of class completion in lieu of taking it again.