Do you have community service hours to complete? Mary, Queen of Peace could utilize your skills in the office, maintaining the facility, or pulling weeds. Please contact the Parish office if you would like to complete
Mary, Queen of Peace is committed to being a Stewardship parish. Being a Stewardship parish means we use our time and talent primarily on service within and outside the Church, rather than on fundraising. We are called to be about the mission of the parish, in deepening peoples' faith, rather than expending large amounts of energy on fundraising for ourselves. As such, we rely on ordinary income (Stewardship of Treasure donations) for our operating expenses and on Annual Catholic Appeal rebate and capital campaign donations for capital improvements (building improvement).
Fundraising beyond stewardship of treasure, capital improvements, and the collection of in-kind non-monetary items should center on:
- Non-profits that are supported by a parish group and organizations that support the parish in its outreach mission, (ex: St. Vincent de Paul, Teen Mission trips, Adopt A Back pack, Giving Tree, Sister Parish, Chief Seattle, Harrington House Baby shower, Eastside Baby Corner, Issaquah Food Bank)
- Community building events (ex: Knights of Columbus pancake breakfast, crab feed, Christmas wreath sales, prizes for parish socials and fundraising events)
- Educating our parish about fair trade in support of Catholic social teachings
- Support of Catholic education related to the parish (i.e. St. Joseph School auction)
- Response to natural disasters
Lost & Found
Lost items are placed in a bin in the north bell tower. Keys, glasses and other valuable items are kept at the receptionist desk. Unclaimed items are donated to the Issaquah Food Bank.
Although Mary, Queen of Peace campus is primarily reserved for the liturgical, sacramental, educational and program use of the parish, we are proud to offer the usage of our facility to non-profit groups and to individuals for private events on a space available basis. The facilities are never available to for-profit causes, political parties or candidates for office. Our desire is to make the reservation and use of facilities as easy and as just as possible while being good stewards of this community resource. The complexities of today’s world make the following policies and procedures necessary. This policy has been established in accordance with the Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle Guidelines and at the recommendation of the Pastoral Council of Mary, Queen of Peace Parish
To keep our records current, please notify the parish office any time there is a change in your address, phone number, family status or membership status. We can be reached by phone at (425) 391-1178 or by email at email@example.com.
If you have purchased items and now need to be reimbursed for your expenses, click here for a reimbursement form.