First Reconciliation & Eucharist
Reconciliation is a sacrament of love, forgiveness, and growth. Parents will partner with the parish for two month Immediate Preparation process for Sacrament of Reconciliation. There is no “automatic” age or grade level for the reception of this sacrament. Contact Mimi for a customized preparation process for older teens and adults.Criteria for Reconciliation preparation are:
- The student must be in 2nd grade or higher, be baptized in the Catholic Church, and exhibits a readiness to be prepared for Reconciliation.
- In addition to weekly participation at Mass and Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLW), the student should have been enrolled in at least one of the following Faith Formation programs the school year before Reconciliation preparation begins:
- Weekly Faith Formation class, Home Study, or Catholic School.
- The student should also be enrolled in a Faith Formation program the year he or she will prepare for the Sacrament.
- Parents are asked to be active participants in preparing their student by informing themselves through parent classes, then working with the student at home.
First Reconciliation 2016-2017 - Click here for more information and a Registration Form - Registration Deadline is January 9th, 2017.
For further information contact: Mimi O'Sullivan, 425-391-1178, ext. 116 or email@example.com.
First Eucharist PreparationCriteria for First Eucharist preparation are:
- The child must be in second grade or older and be Baptized in the Catholic Faith.
- In addition to Children’s Liturgy of the Word, the child should have participated in at least one of the following programs:
Home Study, Weekly RE or Catholic School, the school year before Eucharistic preparation begins.
- The child should also be in a RE program the year he or she will prepare for the Sacrament.
- The child has prepared for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Parents are asked to be active participants in preparing their children by informing themselves through parent classes, then working with the child at home.
- The child should exhibit a desire and readiness to be prepared for First Eucharist.
Preparation takes place in the spring.
Parents will be notified by mail.
Registration for Sacramental preparation is mailed out in advance of the beginning of classes.
Information and a registration forms for First Communion 2017 will be posted when they become available.
Dates for First Communion 2017 have not yet been posted. Friends and Families of children in the process of immediate preparation for the Sacraments this year should plan to be available for any of our Masses on Saturday or Sunday.
For further information, please call Mimi O'Sullivan at 425.391.1178 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.