The Sacrament of Baptism
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.
Baptism for Infants
For an overview of our baptism rite, please read the following summary. Baptism Procedures
If you would like to have your child baptized, please contact Zoltan Abraham at 425.391.1178, ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The baptism preparation process has four steps:
- Schedule an interview with Zoltan Abraham. Interviews are held at the Parish Office.
Directions to Parish Office: If you are looking at the church building from the main parking lot, enter through the right-hand-side bell tower doors. The Parish Office will be immediately to your right.
- Attend the Baptism Class, held on Sundays. Please see the baptism class schedule below
Directions to Fr. McGivney Room: If you are looking at the church building from the main parking lot, enter through the right-hand-side bell tower doors. Go downstairs, taking the stairs immediately to your right. Follow the corridor to the faux stain glass window. The Fr. McGivney Room is to the left of the stain glass window.
- Turn in necessary documents:
- Baptism Information Form
- A photocopy of the birth certificate of your child
Please note: We will not be able to perform the baptism until the birth certificate is turned in.
- If both godparents are from outside of the parish, we need a letter of good standing from the home parish of at least one of the godparents.
Click here for a sample form. Other parishes might have a different form or might simply write a letter.
- Schedule date of baptism
Baptisms are celebrated one weekend each month at all Masses, except during Lent and as otherwise indicated. Baptisms may be scheduled for other times by appointment, subject to availability.
Upcoming Baptism Classes
- June 24 (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Held in the Parish Library (S118)
- July 22 (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Held in the Parish Library (S118)
We ask that, if at all possible, you do not bring children to the Baptism Classes. Child care is offered in the parish nursery during each class.
The Baptism Class covers a lot of material in a relatively short time. We ask that you arrive punctually so that we can get through all of the material in a timely fashion.
Please contact Zoltan Abraham if you have any questions.
Upcoming Baptism Dates
- May 12-13, 2018
- June 16-17, 2018
- July 7-8, 2018
- August 18-19, 2018
- September 1-2, 2018
- October 20-21, 2018
- November 24 (Noon only) - November 25 (1 p.m. only), 2018
- December 29-30, 2018
- January 12-13, 2019
- February 16-17, 2019
- March 2 (6 p.m. only) - March 3 (1 p.m. only), 2019
- April, 2019 - No Baptisms during Lent.
- May 11-12, 2019
- June 15-16, 2019